latest nhpb_banner 1__compressed



State Financial Resources

Assistance Programs by County

Rent Assistance

Free Food Pantries

Utility Bill Help

Free Stuff

Extra Income & Work From Home Jobs

Public Assistance

Disability Assistance Programs

Section 8 Housing

Senior Assistance

Free Job Training

Free Money

Grants For Bills

Free Clothes & Supplies

LIHEAP Energy Bill Assistance

Charity Assistance

Church Assistance

Community Action Agencies

Medical Bills

Free Healthcare

Free Prescription Drugs

Free Medical Clinics

Free Dental Clinics

Loans For Paying Bills

Car Loan Assistance

Interest Free Loans

Debt Help

Mortgage Help

How to Save Money

Financial Literacy Help

Search the Website


Yakima and Benton County rental assistance.

Assistance for paying rent is available from both non-profits and government agencies in Benton as well as Yakima County. Based on the income of the family and other factors, the organizations may provide the applicant with a cash grant for rental expenses or they may refer the person to other sources of financial aid.

There are instances in which past due energy bills could also lead to an eviction from a home. Therefore, in some cases, not only may rent help be available but there may be funds for other household bills. If a family needs more time to regain stability, then they can also get information on transitional housing as well as low income apartments in the region. So a wide range of solutions, ranging from motel vouchers to grants, can assist with rent and other needs.

OIC of Washington
Address - 1419 Hathaway Avenue
Yakima, Washington, 98902
Phone number is (509) 454-4610
Only farm workers and migrants can apply for rental assistance as part of the WIA 167 Farmworkers Investment Program. There is also gasoline for work, job training, and placement into low income housing in Yakima County.

Northwest Community Action Center
706 Rentschler Lane
Toppenish, WA, 98948
Main phone - (509) 865-7630
Security deposit as well as help for paying rent is available from a program known as HEN (Housing and Essential Needs). They also offer move-in cost assistance or furniture. Rent programs are for senior citizens as well as the disabled in the community as well.

Salvation Army of Yakima
Main office is 246 Division Street
Grandview, WA, 98930
Telephone - (509) 882-2584
Funding for rent is very limited and often runs out. There is support for the Lower Valley area, including Toppenish, Granger, Grandview, Mabton, and Sunnyside.




Yakima Neighborhood Health Services - HEN Program
602 E. Yakima Ave
Yakima, Washington, 98901
(509) 249-6232
Another non-profit is at the address of 617 Scoon Road, Sunnyside, Washington, 98944, dial (509) 837-8200.

Another program known as HOPWA will also provide government grants for expenses ranging from utilities to back rent. This is only for people with AIDs or HIV, and they also have shelter and child care services. 12 S 8th Street, Yakima, WA, 98901, dial (509) 454-4143.

Benton Franklin Community Action Committee
One office is at 20 W Court Street, Pasco, Washington, 99301, dial (509) 545-4042.
Another center can be located at 424 6th Street Suite 2, Prosser, WA, 99350, telephone (509) 786-3379.
Eviction Prevention services are available. Assistance, including loans, are used to pay back rent and the agency will also offer legal support and mediation.

Yakima and Benton office of Northwest Justice Project
311 N. 4th Street, Suite 201
Yakima, WA 98901
Attorneys provide free advice to low income families on housing issues. Services range from eviction assistance to resolving disputes over unpaid rent or deposit disputes.

Benton Franklin Counties Department of Human Services
7102 W Okanogan Place Suite 201
Kennewick, WA, 99336
Phone number is (509) 783-5284
State of Washington grants can be used for security or utility deposits as well as past due rent. There is a focus on families or single parents with a pay or quit notice as well as offering housing for seniors living on a fixed income.




St Vincent de Paul – Richland
Location is 1111 Stevens Drive
Richland, Washington, 99352
(509) 946-1325

Salvation Army Mid Columbia
310 N 4th Avenue
Pasco, WA, 99301
For intake or referrals, dial (509) 547-2138
The charity covers Benton County. Emergency rent assistance is available along with transitional housing. Funds are first come and served and often run out.


By Jon McNamara

“Related and Sponsored Links” are listed below.




Contact Us

About Us


Privacy policy


Search Site