latest nhpb_banner 1__compressed



State Financial Resources

Assistance Programs by County

Rent Assistance

Free Food Pantries

Utility Bill Help

Free Stuff

Extra Income & Work From Home Jobs

Public Assistance

Disability Assistance Programs

Section 8 Housing

Senior Assistance

Free Job Training

Free Money

Grants For Bills

Free Clothes & Supplies

LIHEAP Energy Bill Assistance

Charity Assistance

Church Assistance

Community Action Agencies

Medical Bills

Free Healthcare

Free Prescription Drugs

Free Medical Clinics

Free Dental Clinics

Loans For Paying Bills

Car Loan Assistance

Interest Free Loans

Debt Help

Mortgage Help

How to Save Money

Financial Literacy Help

Search the Website


Rent assistance in Thurston County and Olympia.

Find a listing of rent assistance, low income housing or security deposit programs in Olympia and Thurston County Washington. Government agencies, non-profits, charities, and churches provide services to the low income, needy, elderly, and others in the community. Call or stop by one of the organizations in Thurston County below to apply for affordable housing or emergency rent help, section 8 vouchers, or to learn more.

Priority is usually given to families with children, senior citizens, and disabled. However everyone should apply for rental assistance if you are faced with an eviction or homelessness. There are also free legal programs to help renters who are facing eviction as well as motel vouchers and homeless shelters in Thurston County. Funding and resources are often limited, so unfortunately not everyone can receive short or long term rent help.

If someone is not found to be eligible, individuals may be provided with referrals to other local non-profits or charities, or they may receive help in applying for government housing programs, such as section 8. There are also state wide resources, such as grants from ESG which may be used to pay back rent. Also get information on short term transitional housing or local shelters in the greater Olympia Washington region.

Veterans Housing Assistance - Applicants must have been honorably discharged, be low-income or working poor, and a Thurston County Resident. Get up to $400 for rent or bills. Phone 867-2625. 2404 Heritage Ct SW Olympia, Washington 98502.

Community Action – The non-profit has limited funds and grants to help with rent and security deposits. It has a very limited amount of rental assistance funds. The non-profit also administers numerous social services for Thurston County families. This includes eviction prevention/rent help, security deposits, shelter, and vouchers for lodging. Call for info. 438-1100

DSHS Community Services Offices - Thurston County – The government agency provides financial assistance and grant programs to low-income families, pregnant women, refugees and people who are aged, blind or disabled. Includes TANF/WorkFirst, AREN, Section 8 housing vouchers, Diversion Cash Assistance and Refugee Assistance. Families on TANF may be eligible for a resource known as AREN-Additional Requirements and Emergency Needs. AREN offers up to $750 per year for eviction prevention, security deposits, move-in costs, and other emergency related needs. 6860 Capitol Blvd Bldgs 2 and 3, Olympia, WA, 98511 Phone:(877) 501-2233




Yelm Services – Both utilities and rental assistance for Yelm area residents. Dial 458-7000

Sacred Heart – If a resident has an eviction notice, they may qualify for emergency rental assistance. Other support includes referrals to low income apartments and information on loan programs. Address 812 Bowker St SE, Lacey, call 923-0929

Emergency Outreach Program - Limited emergency assistance with paying rent as funds are available. Eviction notices only. Financial assistance up to the last $125.00 for rent. 906 Bowker St SE, Lacey, WA, 98503

St. Vincent De Paul – Low income families with an eviction notice, or utility disconnection, may qualify for funds to pay rent or energy bills. Individuals who have an eviction notice may qualify for emergency rent assistance. It is case specific accommodations. 1021 Boundary St, dial 352-7554

Evergreen Christian – The charity organization offers limited rental assistance on a case-by-case basis. They are open for walk in appointments only on Thursday's from 8:30 am to 11:00 am and 12:30. Thurston County residents can apply if they need emergency help with rent or housing costs. Call 360-352-3410 for information if questions.

City Gates Ministries – Low to moderate income may qualify for rental assistance. All applicants or families seeking help, including seniors or single parents, need to have an eviction notice. Call 705-0291.

Rejoice Enterprises – Offers safe, affordable low housing and shelter to accommodate disadvantaged persons, specifically people facing eviction, the homeless and at-risk homeless persons. Olympia, Washington 98507

Lacey, Olympia and Tumwater Salvation Army - While funds are limited, there may be help for paying rent, security deposits, and access to other grants and financial assistance. Case management and self-sufficiency can also be arranged, including credit counseling, food, applications for rental support for the disabled, and emergency shelter for the homeless. 824 5th Ave SE, Olympia, WA, 98501, (360) 352-8596





Rochester Organization Of Families - Call to make an appointment. Loans or other funds may be available for partial rent or mortgage payments. Services are available in Spanish too. The non-profit is at 10140 Hwy 12 SW, Rochester, Washington, 98579. Call (360) 273-6375.

Thurston County Volunteer Legal Services can help stop evictions for income qualified tenants. The Housing Justice Project is the resources to use for free legal aid for addressing unsafe housing, illegal pay or quite notices, and disputes over utility disconnections or security deposits. Call (360) 705 - 8194.

United Communities Aids Network – People infected by HIV/AIDS can apply for financial assistance or money in a crisis. The goal is to offer the highest quality of life to all those infected by HIV/AIDS. Olympia, Washington 98502, phone (360) 352-2375

Housing Authority of Thurston County – Families with children can apply for very limited funds to stop evictions and prevent homelessness. Also operates 4 units of emergency housing for Thurston County families with children. Provides 30-90 days of shelter. 1206 12th Ave SE, OLYMPIA, WA, 98501 Phone :(360) 753-8292

Yelm Community Services - Offers rent assistance for rural Thurston County residents. 624 Crystal Springs Rd NW, Yelm, Washington, 98597 Phone : (360) 458-7000

By Jon McNamara

“Related and Sponsored Links” are listed below.




Contact Us

About Us


Privacy policy


Search Site