latest nhpb_banner 1__compressed



State Financial Resources

Assistance Programs by County

Rent Assistance

Free Food Pantries

Utility Bill Help

Free Stuff

Extra Income & Work From Home Jobs

Public Assistance

Disability Assistance Programs

Section 8 Housing

Senior Assistance

Free Job Training

Free Money

Grants For Bills

Free Clothes & Supplies

LIHEAP Energy Bill Assistance

Charity Assistance

Church Assistance

Community Action Agencies

Medical Bills

Free Healthcare

Free Prescription Drugs

Free Medical Clinics

Free Dental Clinics

Loans For Paying Bills

Car Loan Assistance

Interest Free Loans

Debt Help

Mortgage Help

How to Save Money

Financial Literacy Help

Search the Website


Racine County Wisconsin rental assistance.

Emergency rent assistance may be available in Racine County Wisconsin in order to prevent homelessness. It is offered as a last resort to qualified families and individuals. Funding is limited and only a small number of qualified applicants are able to receive help with paying their rent and housing expenses each year.

Charities, non-profits, and other organizations are committed to helping the poor, jobless, and less fortunate in the region. The leading agencies and non-profits to call for information and referrals are listed below. Both services for people facing eviction as well as the current homeless are available in Racine County Wisconsin.

HALO, Inc., which can be reached at (262) 633-3235, runs a homeless shelter and can provide information, guidance, and support to families who need housing. 2000 De Koven Avenue Racine, Wisconsin 53403, call (262) 633-3235.

County of Racine Housing Authority can be reached at 262-636-3405. They administer housing vouchers for very low income families, including seniors. A rent subsidized center is available for residents with a disability. Other referrals to homeless or eviction prevention services may be offered too.

Racine County Human Services Department – This is the leading government organization and runs many social services, provides referrals, and may have information on grant programs. Call them at (262) 638-6321. Some services they may be able to help people apply for include section 8 housing vouchers, TANF, and public housing.

For people facing impending homelessness, emergency assistance may be used to pay for either retaining or obtaining permanent housing accommodations. The EA can be used to pay for temporary shelter and transitional housing in cases of fire, flood or natural disaster. Note that funds can’t be used to pay for temporary shelter for those who are currently homelessness and impending an eviction. If there are additional needs having to do with finding a home or an apartment, EA can pay for those as well or issue a loan for paying rental expenses. Address is 209 N Main St, Burlington, Wisconsin 53105, main phone number is (262) 767-2900.





Safe Haven, phone number (800) 924-5137, may be able to run shelters for the homeless. 1030 Washington Avenue, Racine, WI 53403.

Racine Society of St. Vincent DePaul is the local branch of one of the nation’s leading charity groups. Very limited amounts of financial aid may be offered for rent, housing, and other basic needs. They may even have information on local thrift stores (for furniture) or food banks. Dial (262) 633-6467. 926 Lasalle Street Racine, Wisconsin 53404

Racine/Kenosha Community Action Agency provides Rental/Utility Bill Assistance. Phone (262) 637-8377. Supported by federal government funds as part of the nationwide community action council. Call for information and referrals to various low income programs and resources. The location is 2113 N Wisconsin St. Racine, Wisconsin 53402. Phone (262) 637-8377. Or find details on Racine and Kenosha community action programs.

Salvation Army of Racine – Services include emergency rental assistance, case management, medications, thrift stores, money for deposits, housing, and other aid. Dial (262) 632-3147. 2122 Douglas Avenue Racine, WI 53402

Workforce Development Center - Call (262) 638-6420 to get information on local Rental Assistance programs.

The Continuum of Care is another place for emergency rent assistance, shelter, senior citizen resources, and other housing programs. The Racine County non-profit helps coordinate many services, both for deposits, rent, and much more. Find details on homeless prevention in Racine County.

Housing Authority of Racine County – Dial (262) 636-3405. Runs private and public housing, section 8 housing, and may have information on home repair loans, weatherization, and first time home buying programs. 837 Main Street, Racine, Wisconsin 53403




Housing Resources Inc. – Phone (262) 636-8271. The non-profit offers housing assistance to clients ranging from senior citizens in Racine County to very low income families.

Receive referrals to local charity organizations in Racine County. Dial (866) 211-3380. There are non-profits, churches, and others that run shelters. Some groups also may have some emergency money for rent to prevent evictions, and provides other aid for the less fortunate. Applications may be offered to grants to pay a security deposit on a new apartment.

RESCARE Runs the EA - Emergency Assistance Grant program. There may be money to pay for rent for tenants facing eviction, energy help, security deposit programs, and homeless prevention from this government affiliated resource. The location is 2113 N Wisconsin St., Racine, WI 53402. Call (855) 458-0001 for information.

Neighborhood Housing Services for SE WI – Dial (262) 633-3330 for referrals to grant programs, short term rent assistance, and other support.

Love, Inc. Community Center – Runs a service known as the Rent Payment Assistance program. All funding is limited, and the charity may offer referrals in some cases. This is a once a year rent/housing assistance program that is involved in offering vouchers for people in need. The cash and vouchers goes directly to the landlord and not the clients. 480 S Pine St, Burlington, Wisconsin 53105, call (262) 763-6226 for information.





Racine Mutual Housing Association – Phone number (262) 637-8558.

Legal Action of Wisconsin may be able to help facilitate free legal advice for people facing eviction, foreclosure prevention, and offer similar housing support in Racine. Mediation can resolve landlord and tenant disputes over deposits or back rent. Call (262) 635-8836


By Jon McNamara

“Related and Sponsored Links” are listed below.




Contact Us

About Us


Privacy policy


Search Site