latest nhpb_banner 1__compressed



State Financial Resources

Assistance Programs by County

Rent Assistance

Free Food Pantries

Utility Bill Help

Free Stuff

Extra Income & Work From Home Jobs

Public Assistance

Disability Assistance Programs

Section 8 Housing

Senior Assistance

Free Job Training

Free Money

Grants For Bills

Free Clothes & Supplies

LIHEAP Energy Bill Assistance

Charity Assistance

Church Assistance

Community Action Agencies

Medical Bills

Free Healthcare

Free Prescription Drugs

Free Medical Clinics

Free Dental Clinics

Loans For Paying Bills

Car Loan Assistance

Interest Free Loans

Debt Help

Mortgage Help

How to Save Money

Financial Literacy Help

Search the Website


Financial assistance from Pacific Power in Washington.

Pacific Power provides low income customers with either direct financial assistance or support from state of Washington as well as federal government resources. Depending on the customer’s circumstances, they can refer individuals to free government grant government programs like LIHEAP and weatherization, help people sign up for payment plans, and also offer information on non-profits such as Project HELP. Customers of Pacific Power have many services and resources available to them for paying their energy bills, and find how to apply below.

Non-profit partners of Pacific Power

The energy company works closely with the following organizations. Many offer financial aid to customers of Pacific Power.

Project HELP can assist people faced with a disconnection. In particular families with children and the elderly can receive support. The program works off of donations, so please contribute if you can.

The Project HELP program is administered by a nonprofit organization that focuses on providing utility bill assistance with donated funds. Pacific Power customers and other families in Washington can apply. Call an agency listed below to find out the program terms and to get more details on their services.

  • Walla Walla families should call the Salvation Army at (509) 529-9470 for details on Project HELP.
  • Project HELP in Yakima is also run by the local Salvation Army corps center. Call (509) 453-3139
  • Families in Sunnyside/Toppenish need to dial the Northwest Community Action Center at (509) 865-4151.

As indicated, it is funded by donations. To contribute call 1-888-221-7070 in order to request an energy assistance donation envelope. All contributions go directly to helping the people in your immediate area. So it will have the difference in the life of someone that is less fortunate. All donations go to the local non-profit organization in your area.

Various community action agencies can also be called in the region. They can provide support, case management, and advice when it comes to paying outstanding energy bills. See the information below on the agency near you.




State of Washington and Federal Energy Assistance

The two main options are Weatherization and the Low Income Home Energy Assistance Program (LIHEAP). They are funded by the government through the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services.

LIHEAP is a utility assistance program designed to help Pacific Power low income households with paying their home energy costs and monthly bills. This resource is administrated by the Washington Department of Commerce through local community action agencies referenced below.

Weatherization program is also offered for the low-income in the region. Local non-profit agencies partner with Pacific Power to provide free weatherization and energy conservation services to income-qualifying renters and homeowners living in apartments, single-family homes, or mobile homes.

The exact amount and type of weatherization offered is based on the home's needs and condition. An extensive and wide variety of energy conservation measures can be installed in the home or apartment, including compact fluorescent light bulbs, insulation, and energy-efficient showerheads. All of these free measures and improvements are designed to lower your electric bills by hundreds of dollars per year, while keeping your home safe and comfortable.

To apply for weatherization and/or LIHEAP, call the community agency in your area.

  • Blue Mountain Action Council for Pacific Power customers in Columbia, Garfield, and Walla Walla Counties. Phone (509) 529-4980
  • Yakima County is served by Northwest Community Action Center (509) 865-7630 and Opportunities Industrialization Center of Washington, dial (509) 452-7145.





Direct Pacific Power energy bill discounts

During the winter, Pacific Power offers customers a discount. It is offered from November to April. The discount program is administered through the LIHEAP agencies indicated above, so call them to learn more. This can be offered at the same time as LIHEAP or weatherization.

The discount program is really a three-tiered bill discount, and the amount is based on the households income. A clients monthly billings may be able to include a discount on each kWh of usage over 600 kWh.


By Jon McNamara

“Related and Sponsored Links” are listed below.




Contact Us

About Us


Privacy policy


Search Site