latest nhpb_banner 1__compressed



State Financial Resources

Assistance Programs by County

Rent Assistance

Free Food Pantries

Utility Bill Help

Free Stuff

Extra Income & Work From Home Jobs

Public Assistance

Disability Assistance Programs

Section 8 Housing

Senior Assistance

Free Job Training

Free Money

Grants For Bills

Free Clothes & Supplies

LIHEAP Energy Bill Assistance

Charity Assistance

Church Assistance

Community Action Agencies

Medical Bills

Free Healthcare

Free Prescription Drugs

Free Medical Clinics

Free Dental Clinics

Loans For Paying Bills

Car Loan Assistance

Interest Free Loans

Debt Help

Mortgage Help

How to Save Money

Financial Literacy Help

Search the Website


Mason County assistance programs.

Help with mortgage and rent expenses

The Community Action Council may be able to offer limited rental as well as mortgage assistance programs in order to provide help to eligible low to moderate income households in select locations throughout Mason County Washington. Please be sure to remember that funds are offered on a limited basis, and assistance is restricted to help households avoid homelessness or a foreclosure. Call (360) 426 - 9726, or click here for additional Washington mortgage and foreclosure programs.

Financial assistance for crisis situations

Be sure to call Faith in Action West Sound. This non-profit agency offers clients of the program with limited cash grants and financial assistance to help low to moderate income families and individuals with providing them emergency financial aid and fulfilling needs including money for rent, utility bills, heating gas, fuel oil, and water bills on a case-by-case basis. Call (360) 275 - 0535.

Another non-profit charity organization in the area, Saint Vincent DePaul Society - Olympia, provides financial assistance to low income people to help them pay rent of up to approximately $75. The program will help for as long as funds are available, and the applicant must have received an eviction notice. Call the non-profit at (360) 352 - 7554.

North Mason Resources administers several programs. They range from homeless prevention assistance, including loans and funds for security deposits, to job training from WorkSource. Examples of other resources from the charity are as follows.

  • Lifeline can provide discounted phone services.
  • Medical care needs are met by information on insurance to medications or dental care.
  • Case management will address self-sufficiency and one time financial aid, such as for heating bills or rent.
  • Several other support services are run, and continue with North Mason Resources.





Utility bill assistance, as well as other aid

In addition to the housing programs indicated above, the Community Action Council ((360) 426 - 9726) also offers individuals and families with numerous other assistance programs. Among their offerings includes the The Low-Income Home Energy Assistance Program (LIHEAP), which is a federal government funded utility assistance program which provides financial assistance and cash grants that help low to moderate income families and individuals in the community pay heating bills during the winter and cooling bills during the summer.

Other programs offered by the non-profit include the Winter Help Fund, WEAF (Washington Energy Assistance Fund), Project Share, and Canal Comfort Fund. The main goal of  Mason County Community Action is to help struggling families can stability, and maybe provide them with a one time grant for expenses such as back rent to help them through the immediate crisis. Click more information.

Free food, pantries, and food banks

Matlock Food Bank - This non-profit agency distributes groceries and food for low income and other persons in need of help, and offers different types of food. Assistance is available, however the exact amount varies from week to week. Call (360) 426-1903.




North Mason Food Bank - Offers a food bank and groceries to residents of north Mason County Washington. Phone (360) 275-4615. Find more Washington food pantries.

Shelton United Methodist Church - This is an organization that provides groceries and food assistance to Shelton and Mason County residents in times of need. Call (360) 426-4174.


By Jon McNamara

“Related and Sponsored Links” are listed below.




Contact Us

About Us


Privacy policy


Search Site