latest nhpb_banner 1__compressed



State Financial Resources

Assistance Programs by County

Rent Assistance

Free Food Pantries

Utility Bill Help

Free Stuff

Extra Income & Work From Home Jobs

Public Assistance

Disability Assistance Programs

Section 8 Housing

Senior Assistance

Free Job Training

Free Money

Grants For Bills

Free Clothes & Supplies

LIHEAP Energy Bill Assistance

Charity Assistance

Church Assistance

Community Action Agencies

Medical Bills

Free Healthcare

Free Prescription Drugs

Free Medical Clinics

Free Dental Clinics

Loans For Paying Bills

Car Loan Assistance

Interest Free Loans

Debt Help

Mortgage Help

How to Save Money

Financial Literacy Help

Search the Website


Hillsboro and Washington County Oregon area rent assistance.

Hillsboro and Washington County Oregon are served by several rental assistance programs and housing services. If you need help with paying rent or meeting your housing needs, find information on who to call and where to look. Various charity agencies, churches and government programs offer eviction prevention services or other financial resources to help with housing needs, whether back rent, shelters, or affordable apartments.

Emergency rent, low income housing, and other resources are offered to low income residents as well as anyone who may be facing eviction from their home or apartment, provided they meet criteria or eligibility. Thousands of Hillsboro Oregon area families receive some form of financial and/or rent assistance every year from the non-profit organizations as well as other agencies. In addition, many locations partner with federal government programs such as Section 8 housing, Homeless Prevention and Rapid Rehousing, or they may work closely with state of Oregon housing and rent assistance programs.

Community Action – This may be the leading not-for profit organization to call for help in Washington County Oregon region. They offer a number of services to the low income, people facing poverty, and working poor. The assistance programs try to help individuals meet short term needs, like rent and housing help, and find and access longer term housing solutions. Call or stop by at the Hillsboro and Washington County Oregon community action agency to learn about emergency rent and housing assistance.

The other phone numbers to call include Housing and Homeless Services (503) 640-3263 as well as a number dedicated to offering Emergency Rent Assistance: (503) 615-0771. Get information and referral for all renter resources, emergency rent vouchers, etc. 1001 SW Baseline Street, Hillsboro, Oregon 97123, Phone number - (503) 648-6646.

Care to Share – If you have an eviction notice, or disconnect notice for your utilities, emergency assistance may be available. Address is 17175 TV Hwy C2, Aloha, Oregon 97006. Dial 503-591-9025.

In order to apply for help, some conditions that need to be met, include, but are not limited to, the applicant needs to have someone laid off or fired, death in the family, domestic violence at residence, or a medical emergency. The program serves the eastern part of Washington County. The non-profit organization provides and coordinates short-term emergency services, including rent assistance programs, to low income and needy residents of E. Washington County, Oregon. Food, rent help, energy bills, and other housing and homeless prevention aid.




Fair Housing Council of Oregon – Deals more with housing discrimination, but can be a resource for other information too, including on loans for bills or rent. 506 SW 6th Ave. Telephone 800-424-3247

Washington County Veterans Service Office, which is located in Hillsboro Oregon on 5240 NE Elam Young Parkway and can be reached at (503) 846-3060, supports veterans their families with back rent to stop an eviction. The government agency offers help for bills, such as electric, and may have funds to help the low income meet their housing needs. There may also be short term grants arranged for security deposits, home repairs, and no interest loans for rental expenses.

Washington Legal Aid Services of Oregon
Location 230 NE 2nd Ave.
Hillsboro, Oregon 97124
Telephone - (503) 648-7163
Free lawyers help tenants avoid as well as stop evictions. Get help with housing discrimination, dealing with unsafe or repairs from landlords, and other needs. The Washington County non-profit can only give referrals or advice on applying for government grants to help pay rent, utilities, or other bills.

St Francis Social Action – While they do not directly provide rent or utility bill assistance, they do work with qualified clients to help them find other resources. They can offer referrals to rental and utility programs. They also have a homeless shelter, free weekly dinner and clothes closet, and more. 15659 SW Oregon Street, Sherwood, Oregon 97140. Phone (503) 625-7067

Washington County - St. Vincent de Paul Society
Location is 442 SE 3rd Ave
Hillsboro, Oregon 97123
Telephone - (503) 693-7528
There are churches that can offer help one time per year. The Hillsboro agency can provide security deposits, help for rental arrears, and other housing support. Homeless shelters can also help. Another society St. Vincent church is at 12630 SW Grant Ave, Portland, OR 97223. Call (503) 684-8280. Find details on rent help in St. Vincent Washington County Oregon.





Washington County Oregon Housing Services -  This government affiliated agency may be able to provide housing/rent assistance and affordable rental opportunities for low-income families in Washington County Oregon. In addition, apply for Oregon Section 8 vouchers as well as public housing programs. Address is 111 NE Lincoln, Ste 200-L, Hillsboro, Oregon 97124 phone 503-846-4794.

Community Action Family Shelter
Location is 210 SE 12th Ave
Hillsboro, OR 97123
(503) 640-3263
They only help veterans as well as their families. Emergency rent assistance, legal aid, job programs, and moving help may be arraned among other programs. In effect, it is an Homelessness/Eviction Prevention and Rapid Re-Housing Program for veterans and their families. Read more on eviction and rehousing in Washington County.

St Alexander Catholic Church – Get help with bills and rent, up to at most once every 6 months. Dial 503-359-0304. 170 N 10th Avenue, Cornelius, Oregon 97113.


By Jon McNamara

“Related and Sponsored Links” are listed below.




Contact Us

About Us


Privacy policy


Search Site