latest nhpb_banner 1__compressed



State Financial Resources

Assistance Programs by County

Rent Assistance

Free Food Pantries

Utility Bill Help

Free Stuff

Extra Income & Work From Home Jobs

Public Assistance

Disability Assistance Programs

Section 8 Housing

Senior Assistance

Free Job Training

Free Money

Grants For Bills

Free Clothes & Supplies

LIHEAP Energy Bill Assistance

Charity Assistance

Church Assistance

Community Action Agencies

Medical Bills

Free Healthcare

Free Prescription Drugs

Free Medical Clinics

Free Dental Clinics

Loans For Paying Bills

Car Loan Assistance

Interest Free Loans

Debt Help

Mortgage Help

How to Save Money

Financial Literacy Help

Search the Website


Dodge County rental assistance.

Dodge County tenants and homeless residents can get rental and/or housing assistance from a number of places. All across the county, including the cities of Beaver Dam and Juneau, are charities, non-profits, and government agencies that offer help. Find everything from rent assistance to shelter, government grants, loans, and other financial aid for housing needs.

Another option available in Dodge County Wisconsin will be income based apartments for low income families. This is for residents on section 8 HUD housing vouchers or anyone who is struggling. The tenants, many of whom are handicapped or persons living with a disability, seniors, or single moms will have a lower monthly rent and often energy payment in an effort to make the apartment more affordable. So not only may money for rent be given, but also utility bill help or funds for paying a deposit.

Depending on many factors, any emergency rent or housing assistance will be paid out in different forms. It may be as a loan, lower monthly rental rate, or a cash grant. Note the demand for housing in the county is very high and resources go quickly. If needed, locate additional resources to pay rent.

Dodge County office of Central Wisconsin Community Action Council
Location is 134 S. Spring St.
Beaver Dam, WI 53916
Phone number - 920-885-9559
Emergency Shelter Grants may be available for housing needs, including rent or utilities. They also take applications for Housing Choice Vouchers – Section 8. Last, but not least, are short term, income based transitional housing units.

Crossroads House
Main address is 114 E. Main Street
Watertown, 53094
Dial 920-262-9667.
They only support the region of Watertown. Programs include help for 1st months rent or security deposits, moving assistance, and other homeless prevention services.





Legal aid of Dodge County – Call (608) 256-3304
Pro-bono services are from local attorneys. They can free legal aid, address domestic disputes, housing challenges, and stop evictions.

Dodge County Housing Authority
Location is 491 E. Center St.
Juneau, WI 53039
The non-profit runs 12 low income apartments. There is usually a waiting list. The homes are for section 8 recipients, seniors, or the disabled that have a low income. Find more on section 8 HUD vouchers in Wisconsin.

Lutheran Social Services and the Stone Street Apartments
Address is 400 Stone Street
Beaver Dam WI 53916
Only low income families that are in poverty can receive help from the section 8 HUD vouchers offered.

New Beginnings Homeless Shelter of Dodge County
845 Madison St.
Beaver Dam, WI 53916
Telephone - 920-885-3999
Free vouchers for hotels or motels may be offered, on a limited basis. But mostly they run an short term, emergency shelter for women, single moms, or families.

Tenant Resource Center of Dodge County – This regional agency offers legal advice, housing counseling, and referrals to rent programs. Call 608-257-0143.

Salvation Army
Main office - 702 High St.
Randolph, WI 53956
There are 3 numbers to dial based on where the resident lives. They include Randolph/Fox Lake (920-326-3821), Burnett, Clyman, Juneau, Lowell, Theresa, Reeseville, Mayville, Horicon (920-887-5348), or Waupun (920-324-4000). Services range from money for rent (if applicant has an eviction notice) to heating bill help, job placement, car repairs, and more.




St. Vincent De Paul
Sacred Heart in Horicon address is 950 Washington St. Horicon, WI 53032. Call 920-485-0694. It covers families in Juneau, Burnett, and Horicon as well as Iron Ridge.
Beaver Dam and Fox Lake tenants who need rental assistance - 920-928-2660
1181 N. 4th St., Watertown. Phone - : 920-261-2691.
12 Mill St. Waupun, WI 53963, dial 920-922-3650
Residents of Leroy and Mayville dial 920-387-2920 extension 104.

Multiple churches are involved in this Dodge County charitable service. Assistance programs include overnight lodging, one time rent help, clothing, funds for medical or utility bills, and more. A focus is on addressing housing and homelessness issues.

Beaver Dam Lions Club
They are part of the national organization. While mostly glasses and eyewear is offered, in limited cases there is money for rent. Call  920-887-8766.

By Jon McNamara

“Related and Sponsored Links” are listed below.




Contact Us

About Us


Privacy policy


Search Site