latest nhpb_banner 1__compressed



State Financial Resources

Assistance Programs by County

Rent Assistance

Free Food Pantries

Utility Bill Help

Free Stuff

Extra Income & Work From Home Jobs

Public Assistance

Disability Assistance Programs

Section 8 Housing

Senior Assistance

Free Job Training

Free Money

Grants For Bills

Free Clothes & Supplies

LIHEAP Energy Bill Assistance

Charity Assistance

Church Assistance

Community Action Agencies

Medical Bills

Free Healthcare

Free Prescription Drugs

Free Medical Clinics

Free Dental Clinics

Loans For Paying Bills

Car Loan Assistance

Interest Free Loans

Debt Help

Mortgage Help

How to Save Money

Financial Literacy Help

Search the Website


Chelan County assistance programs.

Find information and a listing of non-profits, charities, and government programs to call or apply to for rent help, utility assistance, free food, and other aid.

Salvation Army - Wenatchee and Chelan County. Call them to see if you are qualified for help with rent, eviction notices, prescriptions in emergencies, light/water shut off notices, instate bus fare may be available in emergencies and other aid. A number of other resources are offered for low income families, seniors, and income qualified. They can include free food, housing, and programs for seniors. Call (509) 662 - 5103, or get more information on Salvation Army Chelan County programs.

Chelan-Douglas Community Action Council - This is the local non-profit community action agency of Wenatchee and Chelan County Washington. Services and assistance programs offered include.

  • Eviction prevention and rent help - The agency provides emergency rental and financial assistance. Must have an eviction notice to apply for help. A very small amount of money is available, so participants are very limited to those in most dire need. Must have proof of current income source to apply.
  • Utility assistance. A few components are offered, including a program that helps with paying primary home heating expenses such as heating oil, electric, wood, oil, propane, and natural gas bills. Another option is Senior or Disabled Discount. Three other charity type programs include Winter Help, Neighbor to Neighbor, Helping Hands. These utility assistance programs are donation programs through Cascade Natural Gas, Douglas County PUD, and Chelan County PUD.
  • Legal support - The community action agency provides information, referral and assists with paperwork for a various civil legal issues including landlord-tenant relations, divorce, child support and/or modifications, wills and power of attorney, foreclosure and other aid, etc. Click here for other Washington free legal programs.
  • Food - They work with local food banks and pantries.

Call the Chelan-Douglas Community Action Council at (509) 662-6156.





St. Joseph's Catholic Church - Wenatchee - Provides free food to members of the local community in need on Saturday from 9-11am. Call (509) 663 - 8021

Cascade Medical Center - This community clinic serves low to moderate income patients living in the Leavenworth School District with health care, which is mostly screenings and diagnosis with an emphasis on assessment of non-acute conditions. Emergencies and serious conditions are referred to the emergency room. The clinic helps patients get discounts on prescription medications and drugs through the Leavenworth Pharmacy. Referrals are provided for women seeking health care and those with illnesses requiring continual care. Call (509) 548 - 4319

Lake Chelan Food Bank - Provides food and groceries to members of the community in need on Tuesday 9-11am. Call (509) 682 - 9063

Churches from Serve Wenatchee Valley combine resources to help the less fortunate, poor, and struggling in Chelan County and the valley. The charities and non-profits agree to combine their various social services, financial assistance programs, and resources in an effort to help even more people. Some of what may be provided from Serve includes referrals to food, basic need such as clothing and school supplies, or money for paying rent or heating bills. More on resources from Serve Wenatchee Valley.




By Jon McNamara

“Related and Sponsored Links” are listed below.




Contact Us

About Us


Privacy policy


Search Site