latest nhpb_banner 1__compressed



State Financial Resources

Assistance Programs by County

Rent Assistance

Free Food Pantries

Utility Bill Help

Free Stuff

Extra Income & Work From Home Jobs

Public Assistance

Disability Assistance Programs

Section 8 Housing

Senior Assistance

Free Job Training

Free Money

Grants For Bills

Free Clothes & Supplies

LIHEAP Energy Bill Assistance

Charity Assistance

Church Assistance

Community Action Agencies

Medical Bills

Free Healthcare

Free Prescription Drugs

Free Medical Clinics

Free Dental Clinics

Loans For Paying Bills

Car Loan Assistance

Interest Free Loans

Debt Help

Mortgage Help

How to Save Money

Financial Literacy Help

Search the Website


Central Oklahoma Community Action Agency assistance programs.

Families and individuals in the counties of Cleveland, Lincoln, Logan, Payne, Pottawatomie and Seminole can turn to the Central Oklahoma Community Action Agency for help. The objective of the organization is to assist low-income households in taking on any crisis situation. They help address emergency needs, such as rent, utility, or food assistance, while also helping families gain self-sufficiency through case management and partnerships with other Oklahoma based social service agencies.

The client services department of Central Oklahoma Community Action Agency offers help to struggling families. The assistance is available to those that need help in paying for rent, clothing, heating bills, food, housing costs and utilities. Some examples of the financial aid provided includes a free food pantry, education for home buyers, transitional housing and credit counseling. A personalized follow up is done to make sure that every family’s needs are being met and taken care of.

All the six community centers provide case management, rental and mortgage assistance as well as referrals. The Mission of Hope housing programs and home weatherization are also offered. There are certain programs exclusive to each county as per below.

  • Cleveland County offers a food pantry, prescription drug assistance, eye checkup and glasses assistance.
  • Logan County can pass out to families emergency food vouchers and energy assistance.
  • Payne County provides clothing vouchers, food pantry and gift baskets and medical care from the Stillwater Community Health Center.
  • Lincoln County provides Prague Christmas’ Tree Program and Utility Bill Assistance.

Pottawatomie and Seminole Counties Oklahoma operate housing programs for seniors, rent help for working poor and single parents who are unemployed or under-employed. This also covers all those who are at or below 125% of the federal poverty index. Additionally, utility bill assistance and transitional housing facilities are provided to residents.

Weatherization from the Central Oklahoma Community Action Agency is funded by both federal government and state grants. This program is generated to help low-income families, the disabled and senior citizens reduce their energy bills and live in safer conditions.




The benefits of the energy efficient techniques of the weatherization program are numerous. The staff is trained to use computer diagnostic equipment to perform energy assessments. A unique scheme to weatherize each house is done and it is based on the findings and the assessment results.

Qualified houses of low income families are weatherized in order of priority and the criteria is based on federal standards. The weatherization program is available in all counties, including Seminole and Payne. It is provided free of cost for all eligible households.

Housing assistance from the Mission of Hope includes emergency shelters, temporary rental assistance, transitional housing facilities, permanent housing support and the Homeless Prevention and Rapid Rehousing Program. The qualifying clients are required to provide two forms of identification, including a photograph. The Central Oklahoma Community Action Agency and the Mission of Hope Program cannot be provided to families who can’t be categorized as homeless or for people who have pending warrants against them.

Income based Transitional Housing Facilities are located within Norman City Oklahoma. The program helps lower income families in their search for self-sufficiency and gives them a place to stay. Each household has to take part in an extensive case management procedure with the main objective of moving into permanent housing and establishing financial security for the whole family.

The household gets personalized case management which is based on goals that are identified. The residents in this program are required to have some form of income before they can qualify for it and enter it. This transitional housing program is, at present, offered in partnership with the Norman Housing Authority. The residents need to pay thirty per cent of their yearly income for their rent and their utilities.

Medications from Rx for Oklahoma is available. This is a prescription assistance program developed by the Department of Commerce and run by the Central Oklahoma Community Action Agency. It can help individuals who are not insured or under-insured. This program is administered in all the six serving counties, including Payne and Logan.





The staff of the non-profit agency help with the process of completing application to pharmaceutical manufacturers to get the medicines at no-cost or a reduced cost basis. This programs offers free services and support and there are no age limits for enrollment. Medicare and Medicaid patients are also invited to sign up. The eligibility for any free medications is established by the drug company.

Medical bill assistance from the Stillwater Community Health Center of Central Oklahoma Community Action Agency is a health care program that is provided as an alternative to meet the needs of a large number of medically under-served people in the Payne County. Individuals have to provide income proof for all persons in the household to qualify for this program.

COTS, or the Central Oklahoma Community Transit System, offers demand and response services. It provides support to schools and vocational technical facilities. Rides are available for medical appointments, critical shopping and special events. It is funded by grants from the Oklahoma Department of Transportation. The main purpose behind this system is to provide reliable and safe transportation services to the clients who have special needs.

Find help, phone numbers and apply in Central OK

The main locations of the Central Oklahoma Community Action Agency are as follows.

Cleveland County, Family Support Services, 224 S Chestnut Ave, Moore, OK 73160, call (405) 701-2170
Lincoln County, 820 N Jim Thorpe Blvd, Prague, OK 74864. Call (405) 695-1630
Logan County, Family Support Services, 4710 S Division St, Guthrie, OK 73044. Dial (405) 282-5524
Payne County, 410 S. Lewis, Stillwater, OK 74074, (405)624-2533
Stillwater Community Health Center, 1321 W. 7th,  Stillwater, OK 74076; main phone (405)743-3171
Pottawatomie County, 429 N. Union Ave., Shawnee, Oklahoma 74801, (405)273-3000
Seminole County Central Oklahoma Community Action Agency office is at 1800 B North Milt Phillips,  Seminole, OK 74868. Call (405)382-1800


By Jon McNamara

“Related and Sponsored Links” are listed below.




Contact Us

About Us


Privacy policy


Search Site